Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A quick shout-out to Veterans and...AmeriMom!


Happy Veteran's day. I don't care if your politics are anti-war or anti-patriotic. people's lives are not about politics. It is a human thing. It is love. As long as there are people ending up over seas for whatever reason, I will support their health and safety to the fullest extent. i would like to give a special shout-out to my cousins Mike and Sabrina, my dear friend Bill and all of the other Veterans who have shared their amazing stories of sacrifice and endurance with me. May this day extend beyond its symbolic significance as we continue to fight for the rights of all vets to receive the care and embrace that they need upon returning from such surreal lives. 

Mary and I opted to close the open gym for Veteran's Day yesterday and joined our team at Jordan's mom's house for lunch. She was bubbling over with excitement about meeting us and insisted on having us all for a meal. Besides some amazing chili and cornbread - a comfort food indulgence I rarely experience - it was Jordan's 24th birthday (Happy Birthday!) and so we also got to enjoy her requested birthday treat: Homemade Amaretto Cheesecake. One of my three taste-driven reasons for not being vegan. 

AmeriMom makes AmeriNoms!



In return, we all participated in her inquisition rounds of get-to-know-you questioning (really quite a delight, actually) and we were adopted into her family and ours into hers by the time we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment