Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Play Ball! (Just please don't cheer!)

By Sunday, I had run out of cold remedy, honey, and almost out of tea. I didn't have much else to go on so I had just been trying to sleep, rolling into bed before the sun had even burnt out the residue of it's glow from the sky. Yet even rest was hard. The new weekend neighbors reveled in evening games of baseball and as soon as I was vertical, the tickles and itches of my esophagus would force me to strike up an unrelenting ballad of coughs.

Nevertheless, at 8am on Sunday morning, I was headed to Randle to pick up a car full of 7th and 8th graders and carry on to meet up with our large group of 20...and about 20,000 others at Safeco Field for a day of Baseball.


I was fortunate enough to have a pretty quiet car and I forewarned that I would be an incredibly boring chaperone. The kids let me stop at the pharmacy on the way up and a loaded on Cough drops and more remedy but the headache persisted throughout the day.

The game was still pretty enjoyable (albeit, I could have done without mass-crowd volume levels). Even as a non-sport person, I've discovered that the atmosphere of a baseball game is exciting to me. However, it was a whole different kind of headache to follow the game. I was constantly confusing myself on who I was rooting for because the Mariners happened to be playing the Tigers that day! Sad glad something to say the the Mariners won 4-0.


So, this old guy was suddenly sitting in the midst of our group....



The stadium itself was crazy-fancy and some of their finer fare actually seemed worth checking out if I ever find myself back there someday. Most of the kids opted for the standard sugar rush, though. This meant prompt crashes and naps on the way home. No complaints here!


No comments:

Post a Comment